Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Paper Smooches Designer Challenge

Okay I really wanted to enter a project into the PS Designer Challenge and with Halloween coming I thought this project was appropriate.  Now this project is not an original Nichol Magouirk at nicholmagouirk.typepad.com did this similar project on her blog several weeks ago with Lawn Fawn stamps.  The haunted mason is from the the same company SVG.com.  I completely fell in love with Nichol's so I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to use all of my really adorable Paper Smooches halloween stamps and dies.  Okay, here is my Disclaimer.  This house was NOT easy.  It is definitely not for the faint of heart.  It is possible but it does take alot of work and time.  So if this is something you want to conquer just know that ahead of time.

The paper I used was from a collection I had from CTMH.  I love how they all come together.  All of the people are from different PS sets, Spookalicious, Halloweenie and Falling For You.  I love the coordinating dies.

So I first assembled the house.  What fun that was.  Now I need to take a photo at night because all of the windows light up.  I am so excited to share that tomorrow.



My little gargoyle sits on top to protect the Mansion.    I the skulls are peeking through the windows and light will shine through their eyes.  Creepy!!!

I just love this witch.  She was so fun to color.  I used Copics and colored her and then added Wink of Stella to her dress in Orange and Purple to her hat band and socks.  Hard to see but she is really sparkly.
My little Vampire is soooo fun.  His cape is lined with a little sparkly also.  Just a touch for fun..




The 31 is from a Tim Holtz collections Love Love as an address plaque.   Then for the door knob I used a witches boot brad. (no idea where I got it from)





 Of course it would not be a haunted mansion without a spider web.  I don't like spider ( not even a little) so they have to be really cute in order for me to even look at them and I couldn't find one so he is hiding from me somewhere inside the mansion.


And thats the project.  I love PS.  I will try to get a good night time pic and post that tomorrow.  
Thanks for visiting.  If you attempt this project please leave me a note I would love to see what you do with it and how your assembly was.  
Happy Creating.  Big Hugs.


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love Halloween and I love assemblage pieces...so this really gets my juices flowing. :) Love what you've done here. The house design is so cute and the little characters standing around the house are darling. I also wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete