Thursday, January 30, 2014

Online Card Class - Stenciled

I haven't posted in quite awhile but I took this Online Card Class and I am so pumped about all of the great stuff I learned.  I am posting a ton of cards today to go along with the class.  It was so much fun and I am still making more cards.  I love watching these talented ladies in action they are amazing.  Thanks so much for making this class another success.

Day One
I created this adorable card inspired by Julie Ebersole.  I used my Hero Arts Stencil "Tweed Pattern" and misted it with my Dylusions ink sprays.  This was sooooo fun and simple.  I mounted mine on some black card stock and I loved the way it turned out.  Thanks Julie.





Next up was a card inspired by none other than Laura Bassen (laurafadora.wordpress.com).   She always has the greatest cards to share.    I heat embossed the adorable heart stencil from SSS then inked the back ground with my distress inks from Tim Holtz.  I love how the embossed image repels the ink.  My stamped panel is from My Favorite things "Celebrate Life" stamp set.  This is the cutest card so bright and fun.  Thanks Laura for the inspiration.



Next we have the amazingly talented Jennifer McGuire www.jennifermcguireink.com.  Right now Jennifer is my go to blog for amazing ideas and videos.  From Jennifer's inspiration I made this Happy Birthday card.  Her's was a thank you card but I loved the bright colors so much I made mine a happy Birthday card.  I loved how she showed to flip the stencil and create a whole new look.  

 

This card is also inspired by Jennifer.  I wish you could see all of the simmer on this card.  In real life it is soooo gorgeous.  Another lesson on shifting your stencil to create something beautiful.  I can do so much with my stencils now I never knew.    This stencil is from My Favorite Things called  "Petal Circles".  My sentiment is from Paper Smooches.  Such a great technique.  




Day 4

This card is from Shari Carroll (http://shari-design.blogspot.com).  Now before I start Shari is a person that I always feel stretches my creative ability.  I loved this card but when she did hers she used acrylic paints.  Great technique but I do not have the paints she does so I decided to try it out with inks.  The impression from the dies was not as defined as Shari's but I loved the end result anyway.  I used Tim Holtz clockwork stencil, Rays and also stripes.  All really fun stencils.  I really think these two cards turned out great.  I cut the paper in half after all the inking and got to make two cards out of it.  Bonus!!





Finally I made these cards inspired by Julie again.  These were so much fun.  I wanted to do a blue colored one since the one Julie did was in oranges I decided to try blues and I absolutely love how it turned out.  I embossed the stencil from Hero Arts called Lotus pattern and then inked it with distress inks.  My three favorite right now, peacock feathers, mowed lawn and tumbled glass.  Such great colors.  The strip on the side is washi tape and the sentiment is from SSS "Inside and Out Sayings".




I have several more cards in the process I am making from this class but I have to wait for a couple of supplies I ordered.  So I will have to post those later.

I would like to thanks all of the great teachers at Online Card class and especially Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire for bringing together such amazing talent.
Stop in to the website and take a class you will not be disappointed.
http://www.onlinecardclasses.com
There are so many classes to choose from and all are amazing.  Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

  1. YAY! Lots of cute new cards! :D AND a new post you're on a roll! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many gorgeous cards!!! So glad you liked the class & were inspired! I think I need that lotus stencil now! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete