Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Online Card Class Day 1

Howdy,
I started my online class yesterday and I have two cards to share, inspired by Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire.  I already am in love with this class.  These cards I made were so much fun.  I just need to get a bit faster at planning and creating. LOL


So this first card I struggled with a lot. I am not used to having constrains to do cards since I am so new but I want to stretch my creative juices and really work hard at this class.  So I stamped the 4 colors required on velum using the feather from My Peeps stamp from Paper Smooches .  The little strips I cut out of white card stock and then used the colors from our palette to color them.  I love how vibrant the colors came out.  



This one was so much easier to do.  I had an idea of what I wanted and it all came together fairly easy.  I have to say I wish there was a die for every stamp on the planet, I hate fussy cutting.  But these cute little butterflies from Flap Happy (Paper Smooches) turned out so cute.  I water colored them and added some pretty sparkle with my stella pen, added some jewels and here you go.  



Let me know what you think of my work for day one.  I will post day 2 as soon as I can finish up the cards.
Happy Creating.

3 comments:

  1. These are adorable!! LOVE your take on the challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous cards Tracy! I'm particularly drawn to the colors in the first one- so bright and fun :) Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog! Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cards you have made for the class, so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete