Friday, September 27, 2013

Online Card Class ~ Day 2 Card

Hi everyone I hope you are having a fabulous day.  Fall is here and I love the rain and the changing of the colors.  So gorgeous.

Todays card was inspired by Kristina Werner.  Her card for our class showed us how to do a tri-fold card and I wanted to do this by extending a giraffe all the way through the card.  Oh what fun this was.

So I started out with my giraffe from Avery Elle and stamped him probably 5 times.  I masked off the head and bottom of the neck each time so I could extend his neck all the way down three cards.

Then I masked him piece by piece so I could create the fun clouds.


 After I did the giraffe I felt like there was something more that needed to be added, so I grabbed my trusty Paper Smooches and found this adorable bird.  I always associate giraffes with little birds for some reason, no idea why, but he was so cute and I loved how his wings are extended but short so you know he needs that balloon to help him fly up to his friend.



 Then of course the leaves and hills.  Since this particular stamp doesn't have a body i wanted it to look like he was above the trees, Way above the trees, so I used leaf stamps from Paper Smooches Zoo Crew and Leafy Greens.  The sentiment is also Paper Smooches.  You know me can't get enough Paper Smooches.  ( Shout out to Kim ~ DT just saying ).....


So this is the card from top to bottom.  I love how he turned out and how there is a surprise in the middle of the card too.  



Leave a comment and tell me what you think and if you try this tri-fold card link me a pic of what you came up with.  The possibilities are endless.  Don't forget to follow me!!!

Have a great day
Happy Creating


10 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great job you've done here with the masking to make this lovely card. We love giraffes in this house, they are everywhere! C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that giraffe! Very clever to use the tops of the trees as "body cover". Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Carole
    Thanks Carole for leaving a sweet comment. I appreciate it. My daughters nickname is Giraffe. She loves them and got the name from playing Volleyball.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @michii
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Have a great day and come back soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! When Kristina said that in class I was wishing I had this stamp set! Your card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your card, (and the birdie), very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You took an idea and ran with it - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for stopping by I hope you checked out some of my other projects. Love it when I have comments. Come back soon!!!

    @Dido

    ReplyDelete